Grade : E
Reporting Lines : Business Development Team
Closing date: October 05, 2006
Position: Research Analyst
Contract Type: Local – Term (One Year)
Reports to: Business Development Team
The International Finance Corporation is currently expanding its investments in
The candidates will have a Master’s degree in Economics/Accounting or Finance and 2 or more years of directly relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The analysts will have a strong analytical and research ability, excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Russian, as well as a capacity to work independently. They will be highly motivated and able to work to tight deadlines. The Research Analysts will work independently, seeking guidance and instructions on new, unusual or complex assignments from more senior staff.
The analysts will report to IFC’s business development team. The business development teams cover IFC’s new business in areas such as forestry, automotive, pharmaceuticals, retail., financial markets, oil/gas, mining, infrastructure and telecoms/IT.
· Undertake market/industry/company research as directed, including writing up summary results;
· Undertake preliminary screening/reviews of potential projects.
· Prepare sections of country economic/sector/company or research reports involving the analysis, evaluation and preparation of data, as well as the formulation of conclusions and recommendations.
· Write routine reports independently and participate in drafting technical working papers.
· Assist with a whole range of business development tasks, such as preparing presentations, publicity material, etc.
· Higher education, preferably a graduate degree in economics, accounting or finance, complemented with 2+ years of directly relevant experience
· Strong analytical, research and report writing skills are essential;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to interpret and present statistical, economic and finance information.
· Strong computer skills and good knowledge of relevant software applications.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team environment;
· Demonstrated market expertise and analyst experience is desirable;
· Fluent English and Russian,